- This event has passed.
Energy Efficiency Contest Webinar
May 31 @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am PDT
Links shown/mentioned during the webinar:
- 2019 ANSI/RESNET/ICC 301 Standard for the Calculation and Labeling of the Energy Performance of Dwelling and Sleeping Units using an Energy Rating Index
- 2019 ANSI/RESNET/ ICC 380 Standard for Testing Airtightness of Building, Dwelling Unit, and Sleeping Unit Enclosures; Airtightness of Heating and Cooling Air Distribution Systems; and Airflow of Mechanical Ventilation Systems
In this webinar, Mike Wassmer will answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the contest?
- How will the contest be scored?
- What general approach will be used to administer the contest?
- Is a team permitted to use the model home’s projected HERS index in its marketing materials?
- What is the timeline for administering the contest?
- What software tool will be used to generate the projected HERS rating?
- What happens if an unusual model home feature cannot be modeled in the software tool?
- What happens if elements of the model home don’t exactly match the final AHJ design presented in the drawings?
- How are data/information presented in the model home drawing set inputted into the software tool?
- Are the teams’ current drawings sufficiently clear and detailed to facilitate energy model creation? If not, how should they be improved in the coming weeks/months?
- Which measurements/tests will be conducted on the competition site?
- Other questions asked by the teams during the open Q&A session?